Fashion Week Lineup: What Events I Am Attending
Fashion Week is almost upon us, Minnesota! I know I am both sitting on the edge of my seat in anticipation, but also a bit stressed out at trying to figure out how I can make it to all the events I want to go to.
Since I am a visual person (and I'm sure many of you are as well), I wanted to lay out a list of all the events I plan on making it to, with all the information/links you need and background on the events below:
- Tuesday, April 17th from 11am-1pm Fashion Association Spring Clothing Swap // As an alumni of St. Kate's, having been a Public Relations Representative for their association for two years, and being a lover of upcycling, I always look forward to this event! Either bring in a bag of clothes to donate OR $5 if you have no donations to make and then you have free dibs on anything they have!
- Wednesday, April 18th through Sunday, April 22nd Collective Market Minneapolis Spring Clothing Swap // In case you haven't noticed by now, I LOVE clothing swaps haha AND I love #girlbosses like Serena! You can register online to become a seller or donate clothing that you no longer wear.
- Thursday, April 19th at 7pm W-Minneapolis X The Scout Guide Minneapolis Present Minnstafashion: Official FWMN Kickoff Event // I attended this event in the fall and it is one of the most fun-filled nights of the week. All the Twin Cities fashion lovers come together on this night to mingle, take pictures and network with companies. This event is also fun because many people are not exhausted as it is only the beginning of this crazy week. Make sure to check out the designs by emerging designer, and my St. Kate's pal, Hannah Johnson.
- Sunday, April 22nd from 3 to 6pm Paws on the Patio Charity Runway // I love this fashion show for a few reasons: 1) I'm walking in it, 2) Spoils of Wear is an amazing, ethically produced, local company that I recently collaborated with (this post and the last post are featuring looks from their store) and 3) This charity benefits Underdog Rescue MN, a charity that helps find a forever home for homeless cats and dogs (You know Jazz and I are all about that!)
- Tuesday, April 24th from 6 to 8pm Behind The Seams: Sustainable Fashion Panel and Factory Tour // The purpose of this event is to see a local design house who is sustainable from beginning of production all the way until the end. There will be a panel of local women designers, professors and managers who will speak on their expereinces (one of them being my past professor, Dr. Anupama Pasricha) and there will be a factory tour as well!
- Saturday, April 28th from 6 to 9pm Sol Inspirations X Fashion Revolution MN Present: INNOVATIONS Fashion Show // If you saw my post about the Rana Plaza collapse on Instagram, then you know why my heart clings to this show. Being able to showcase local talent, while also promoting fair trade practices is what every fashion show should do! I am also personally excited to be the featured influencer at this event and will be covering the entire night on IG and later on my blog :) The layout of this event is interesting and keeps the night from getting dull. From 6-7, there will be a social hour as well as a marketplace featuring many local, ethical companies. Then, at 7 the show will begin. The show will be broken down into three parts: Eco Design Challenge, Stylist Design Challenge (This will include many local blogger friends as well as Meghanlee Volkman Phillips, the editor-in-chief of The Volk Magazine where I currently intern at) and Ethical Spotlights. The final hour will re-open the ethical marketplace!
- Sunday, April 29th from 3 to 6pm Cliche Presents: Crosswalk // I saw pictures and video from this event during Fall Fashion Week and I was SO bummed I did not go! Cliche takes over a street crosswalk and showcases local designers/styles. This year's theme is Pep Rally, so I'm sure that it will be a blast! I also have a special place in my heart for Cliche, as they collaborated with me in the WAY beginning of my blog (when literally no one followed me) and it is companies like this that I need to thank for the growth I've had and the other collaborations that later resulted.
These are FOR SURE the events I will be attending, but if you know of any others that are interesting, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know so I can come discover new brands and people to love!
I hope all of you have a great weekend and an AMAZING #mnfashionweek!
Thank you to Spoils of Wear for collaborating with me on this post and thank you to Angi Klepnev for these beautiful photos!