How to Transition Your Summer Wear into Fall Wear
Although it's pretty warm in the Midwest right now (and I know New york this past weekend was extremely warm and humid), there will be a time in the upcoming weeks where we will bid our summer style adieu and happily greet our fall wardrobe. But what if we could take our favorite summer pieces and make them fall friendly?
You know I'm all about giving a garment new life, and that doesn't just mean recycling or upcycling. One easy way to prolong the lifetime of a garment is to learn how to mix and match so it is acceptable in more than one season.
You can do what I did by adding a long sleeve top underneath (or some women put their sweater over) your favorite summer dress. If you want to recreate my exact look, you can find my burnt orange 3/4 sleeve at The Fitting Room in Minneapolis (the designer is Joeleen Torvick) and you can purchase this gorgeous floral maxi from Karma Boutique in St. Paul.
Other options for fall transitional wear include:
- Bringing your light wash jeans into fall time by pairing them with dark earth tones (greens, navy blues and browns)
- Pairing your short summer mini dress with knee high boots
- Rocking fur (as long as it's faux!) over basically anything
- Adding a longer, structured jacket over a romper
- Wearing a button up underneath a fitted dress to create a preppy fall ootd
- Playing around with accessories like scarves, shawls or capes